The Elkhart County 4-H Fair is something I have looked forward to every summer that I can remember. The only times I've missed it is when we've been unable to travel back to IN for it. Myself, my sister, and all my cousins have been involved in 4-H and we are just one generation of many in our family who have participated in it. While my sister and I mainly did sewing projects, cake decorating, and baking, my cousins actually showed animals at their fair such as sheep, calves, pigs, goats and horses. One time I remember my cousin Tyler trying to show his pig by controlling it with a whip but the oinker was having none of it and took off around the ring. That's a pretty funny memory of mine, Ty running after a squealing pig... I don't think he was wearing his head-gear at the time--just had braces--but in my mind I see the head-gear. :) My sister and I actually did take our cats to our fair a couple times and my calico, Sugar, won best of show one year. I was really proud of her--her win was in no part due to my contribution, she was just a really great cat. This year we caught a little bit of the llamas being shown which was actually a costume contest where the 4-H-er and his or her llama had to dress alike. I was glad to capture a shot of this because it's just not one of those things people actually believe happens. The last picture of this set is of me and my cousin, Becky, at the Tractor Pull--an all-day event that requires it's own entry (perhaps the highlight of the whole fair for many) so more on that to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like a good time- I really wish I could see the llama/humans dress-alike contest. Sounds funny! Hope you guys are having a good week!
Post a Comment