Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Around the House

As you may have guessed, the first photo here is of the Beacon itself, the place that draws us all together time and time again.
Next, you'll see a crop duster who flew low over the lake in the summertime to spray for mosquitoes. We couldn't help but wonder what we were breathing! Whatever it was, the mosquitoes seemed to still be around but the inchworms took a hit.




Two of these pictures are of critters living just outside our back door: a blue heron and a black squirrel. Now that the weather's cooling off we've also seen swans fishing off our shore.

This beautiful cornfield was my saving grace for a time! I struggle with finding my way around so for the first few weeks we were here everything was relative to the cornfield in my mind. To go to the supermarket or to my Aunt Jeannine's, I'd take a left at the cornfield. To go to the flea market where we worked, I'd take a right at the cornfield. I am now proud to say I can tell people where I live using both street names and directions!



1 comment:

Kristie said...

Are you guys still living there? Where are you now??