We certainly have moved to a small town. Two things happened last week that made us certain of this fact. For one, our move made the front page of the local paper. It made me feel like the time Jonathan and I went to Savannah and stayed in a B&B which ended up being on the "Haunted Tours" trail. Tourists chauffeured in a hearse stopped in front of the house late at night and took photos up at our room on the second floor. Should I stay away from the front windows here? Does everyone know where we live?
Small town happening number two: I went to breakfast with the Senior Pastor's wife, Marilyn, (who is super sweet and reminds me of a mix between Meg Ryan and Shirley Feeney) at a local place called The Four Corners Cafe. Later that day, Jonathan had lunch there with the Senior Pastor, Randy. While at the cash register, Randy introduced Jonathan as the new Assistant Pastor at First EPC to the restaurant owner (and chef), Cindy (who I never met). She said, "Oh yeah, your wife was here this morning. She had the veggie omelet."
5 comments:
You guys are pretty much local celebrities. Guess that means no making out in front of your windows or going to the store in your PJs :)!
LOL Tara...that is so funny!
Well I read through your whole blog tonight and have added it to my google reader. We are very happy for you guys but obviously a little bummed you-all didn't end up being closer to KC...maybe next time around:) Is this full name thing the new in thing to do?...maybe I will start that too. Congrats JONATHAN and Tara
Jimmy, don't even talk to me about being bummed we're not in KC. I think about it all the time. (Thanks for not playing the "I told you so" card, by the way)! Re: the full name. JONATHAN asked me to start using his full name 9 years ago...I've just gotten the hang of it in the last 6-8 months. And really, should you be pointing out people going by other names, JIM? We should give you some sort of reward for reading the whole blog--maybe it should come in the form of moving to KC next time around. :)
haha amazing!
you're not in charlotte anymore.
Post a Comment