Wednesday, January 13, 2010

30 Weeks!

Where is the time going? I feel like I'm flying through this pregnancy! There are days that my belly seems noticeably larger than the day before. Sometimes I just sit and watch the baby moving all around inside my belly. It even tickles once in awhile, which I'm guessing will turn into annoying jabs as the weeks progress and the baby's space becomes smaller.

I'm starting what I think they call "nesting." I am constantly making lists with urgency of things I need to do or buy. We're heading to St. Louis the last weekend of January for a shower (thanks, Janet!) and we'll be making a stop at my fave grocery store, Trader Joe's. Knowing this will be my last trip there for quite awhile, I have listed out all my TJ staples and written numbers next to them...as in the amount of each item I want to get. I'm pretty sure of two things: we'll need multiple shopping carts and we don't own enough reusable shopping bags to hold the loot.


Last night I insisted we sit down with a calendar and list out all the projects that need to be finished before we can move into our house. Jonathan very patiently went over everything with me and we think our moving day will realistically be February 20th. That is one month before the due date! I think I'm okay with that!


I am a preparer and a planner. I like to be well aware of situations before I get into them and I like to know as much as possible on the subject at hand. So we took an 8-week long birthing class and I probably have about a dozen books on pregnancy/nursing. All I want to do with my time now is go over those books and do my exercises to get ready for the birth. I think hitting week 30 has sent my "borderline OCD" into overdrive! Maybe God will use this little one to teach me flexibility....

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Can. Not. Wait. 30 weeks already? You look great. I don't think the little baby jabs ever get annoying. It is a constant reminder of the little life inside!

Emma Joersz said...

You are an amazingly beautiful pregnant lady! I loved feeling the boys move and I agree with Kristie- don't think it was ever annoying. Well, Beck always wanted to move at bedtime, but I didn't care.

tara said...

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies! I'm excited for Baby Whitley to meet Colton, Norah, Beckett, and Eliah one day!