Thursday, April 15, 2010

USA Baby

When my sister and I were growing up there was this baby store commercial on tv in Kansas City that we just thought was hilarious. We would stuff our shirts with pillows and dance around singing the jingle like the pregnant women in the commercial. So when I started showing I began singing that jingle for my sister to make her laugh (one of my favorite things).

The morning before Ross' birth (about 7 hours into labor) I realized this would be my last chance to make a record of myself performing the jingle for my sister so I took advantage of some time between contractions. For all you Bradley Method students, notice I am in early first stage labor at this point--still smiling and excited about the upcoming birth...and not realizing that those back labor pains that were at the time 6 to 15 minutes apart were about to get more intense and closer together!

Here's a link to one of the original commercials from USA Baby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItuFyRGcyHQ

I hope you enjoy my version! Andra and I cry with laughter when we watch it. :)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Oh Tara... you are too cute!

Katy said...

YouTube wouldn't let me watch the "real" video yesterday, but Matt and I finally got to see it and your version again. Hilarious!!!

Thanks for sharing! :)

MarySuz said...

tara, i love that you are still you! you're amazing. this video makes me miss you and your silliness. :)

Kristie said...

I am laughing too....you are hilarious! :)