Wednesday, May 26, 2010

First Mother's Day

Here is a photo of my sweet baby boy and me celebrating our first Mother's Day. We had a fantastic day--we went to church, then went to lunch at Stadium Grill where we had eaten just a couple days before Ross was born to satisfy my burger craving! Jonathan and Ross gave me a Cardinals shirt with snaps in the front for easy nursing. So thoughtful.
On this day I had to recall the several previous Mother's Days that were filled with grief and the endless wonder, "would I ever get to be a mom?" I remember last year, waking up with dread and pushing myself to get ready for church, hoping no one would make a big deal out of the particular day it was. I got in my car to find it wouldn't start and I thought about just crawling back into bed. Instead, I called the senior pastor's wife, Marilyn, who gladly came and picked me up and who sat by me throughout the service. Her compassion and encouragement was just what I needed that day and I remember experiencing the love of Christ through her and truly having a worshipful experience at church.

Praise God for his great mercy and faithfulness! This year I held my little baby in my arms on Mother's Day and thought about what a gracious and loving Savior is the Lord!

No comments: