Today marks the one year anniversary of our knowledge of Ross. After 3 years of waiting and wondering if we would ever have children, we decided that if we hadn't gotten pregnant by the time we bought a house, we would begin the adoption process. On July 28th, 2009, I awoke and took a pregnancy test. It was a dud--no answer. I didn't have time to take another one as we needed to head to the bank and close on our house. Once we returned home from the closing, I took another test and it said, "Pregnant." I slapped my cheeks like Kevin in "Home Alone" and exclaimed, "Oh, Lord Jesus!" We spent the next couple weeks in shock and near disbelief.
Today, exactly one year later, we celebrate the day we found out about God's precious miracle of Ross William Whitley and His mercy and grace on us in allowing us to be parents. We remember what a trial it was not knowing if we could have kids and are now so thankful that we were able to go through that trial that brought glory to God. I recall telling a friend of mine a couple years back that we were not taking fertility medication to get pregnant. She asked me how then, we were going to make it happen. I prayed then and there that God would let us conceive a child so that my friend would see and understand that He is the one who makes these things happen. What a gift it has been for us to have had the opportunity to be part of God revealing His Might, Power, and Glory! July 28th--oh happy day!
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Psalm 139:13-14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awesome.
Post a Comment