
When I was growing up, I had two older cousins on my dad's side of the family with dynamic personalities. When we celebrated Christmas and held our annual family pageant (made up of whoever wanted to perform whatever number...mostly comedic) Jil and Shaun would guide my sister and I in some sort of creative number for the kids, then they would usually come up with something requiring a little more talent for the two of them to perform. I remember them rapping and dancing to Will Smith's "Parents Just Don't Understand" and hearing Jil talk about how she wanted to move to LA and become a music video producer one day.
Low and behold, that girl made it happen. I have always looked up to Jil for her fearless confidence and her ability to realize her dreams. She sets her mind to something and she sees it through. She is a woman of great determination, creative talent, and work ethic. She inspires and encourages me not to live my life in a box, but to press forward toward my goals and ambitions and believe that they can happen. As if she wasn't the full package already, Jil is also quite humble and never brags about her accomplishments. I actually didn't find out till years later that she had won a grammy for a Ricky Martin video she produced. And her recent feature in Conde Nast Traveller UK edition magazine was only made known to me by my aunt! Read a little about Jil and be inspired to go after what it is you have always felt you were called to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment