We recently flew to Houston, TX to go to the spring Presbytery Meeting. Jonathan had to transfer in from the Presbytery of the Mid-Atlantic which consisted of being examined on some of his views and giving a little background on his call to ministry. He passed with flying colors of course!
Jonathan's brother, Philip, lives in Houston with his family and they planned a special day trip for us to see Jonathan's birthplace: Sweeney, Texas. We toured the first church he ever attended, saw the hospital where he was born, and drove down the street he first lived on (all the houses have been torn down).
Before Jonathan and I met I went through a phase where I thought I wanted to marry a cowboy. (I know, it's strange)! So I think it is quite poetic that the man God has for me is actually a Texas native. Although I couldn't get him to wrastle any Longhorns while we were there....
No comments:
Post a Comment