Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Husband, the Gimp

Jonathan has dislocated his shoulder. He was playing basketball and got his arm caught up in the guy he was guarding. They jumped up together but the other guy came down first, taking Jonathan's arm with him. It was painful, to say the least. It has been 3 weeks since the event meaning he only has 1 more week of wearing this sling before physical therapy begins.

Just in case anyone else is counting or wondering, the dislocated shoulder incident marks the FIFTH time Jonathan has been to the ER since we were married in 2001. For the record, here is the list of injuries:

5. Dislocated shoulder playing basketball

4. Stitches from cutting his index finger in a circular saw

3. Staph infection surgery from blistering his foot & jumping in the intercoastal waterway in Ft. Lauderdale

2. Breaking his hand from punching a glass storm door

1. Spraining his ankle at an Oxygen event resulting in weeks of crutches while living in a 3rd floor apartment building with no elevator

I personally feel like I've had a part-time job working as a care-giver.

2 comments:

Emma Joersz said...

OH my- That's crazy! I'm nervous about the first time I have to take my boys to the ER. The rate they're going these days, I'm sure I'll spend some time there....

Katy said...

Wait a second... punching a glass door?! Circular saw?! we want more info! This calls for a follow-up blog!!